May 19, 2020 COVID-19 update from PAWS Veterinary and Grooming
Grooming services are not officially open, but we are working slowly to reschedule the grooms that we sadly had to cancel at the end of March, and the month of April. If your previous grooming appointment was cancelled, please expect a call in the next 3 weeks. If you have not heard from us by June 7, please reach out to us again as we do not want to miss anyone!
Our groomers are working with the guidance of the Work Safe recommendations to ensure the safety of our clients, pets, and staff.
Once we work through the cancellation list, we will let you know when we are available for appointments (no earlier than mid-June). Please email [email protected] or call and leave a message on our grooming voicemail to leave your information, and we will contact you when we resume regular appointments.
New Grooming Clients: we are very sorry but we are unable to accept new grooming clients at this time. As soon as we are able to, we will be delighted to start welcoming new clients and their furry loved ones again! (we are still accepting new clients as needed for veterinary care!)
We continue to operate and provide essential veterinary care services – both in clinic and by telemedicine when appropriate.
Please note that we continue to have a paws-only policy in place and all clients are asked to wait outside or in their car during their pets physical examination. Further details will be provided at the time of booking.
Healthy Pet / Wellness services continue to be limited – please see prior updates below for more details, or contact us directly.
If you, or any family member is currently ill or have traveled outside of BC in the last two weeks, please inform staff prior to your appointment so we can take extra precautions.
Payments are currently accepted by credit card, email transfer, or debit (no cash). Please continue to pre-order all food and prescriptions prior to coming to the clinic.
We appreciate everyone’s patience and understanding!
April 9, 2020 COVID-19 Update from PAWS Veterinary & Grooming
Veterinary has been deemed by the B.C. provincial government as essential and at this time we are operating with essential veterinary care services, and are asking for your cooperation with measures to prevent the spread of this virus to our clients and staff.
We have telemedicine options for limited services by video and/or phone consultation. Please know we are still operational for premise medical/sickness consultations for conditions that require a physical examination, labwork, digital radiographs etc. We are also still providing advanced dentistry services and limited surgical procedures. Please call us at 604-565-8400 to set up a time and discuss the best option for you and your pet.
Healthy Wellness services are being limited (see below) and Grooming services have been sadly discontinued at this time and we sincerely apologize for any inconvenience.
Please inform a staff member if you are experiencing signs of coughing, difficulty breathing, fever, fatigue or have any health concerns by phone/email prior to entering our facility.
During this time we are doing every thing we can to protect our community and everyone involved in our business. The following are cautionary procedures we have put into place and will remain in effect until it is determined no longer necessary:
- WE CURRENTLY HAVE A CLOSED-DOOR POLICY. Our entrance is LOCKED in order to keep our environment as safe as possible for you, your pets, and our staff. A doorbell is in place for those arriving for appointments, or picking up food or prescriptions.
- Please be patient if the door is not answered immediately. We are only allowing one person at a time in our reception area to meet social distancing requirements. If you are waiting outside to come in please keep a 2 m (6 ft) distance from others and please use the hand sanitizer lotion provided on our door before entering.
- We ask that only ONE person with decision-making authority come for appointments and drop offs. We will only be allowing entry to one person if required and we apologize for any inconvenience this may cause but want to do everything we can to protect you and our staff.
- ALL medication refills and food orders must be made in advance, via phone / email / or text (please do not come in person to order items or make appointments at this time). Additionally, we strongly urge ALL of our clients to use Vetstore for ordering all medications and diets, allowing ease of pre-payment (and currently free delivery to your home). We would be happy to walk you through the process and set you up! Credit card payments can also be made over the phone, or payment via interac email transfer to limit in-person transactions. Cash payments are NOT currently being accepted.
- Please be patient with your special order items; due to an increase in pet owners ordering to stock up on supplies, our orders may be delayed. We understand this is frustrating, and will do anything we can to support you! Please order food and medications as far in advance as possible (we recommend one week).
- Please note we are operating with less support staff at the moment; your questions and concerns are important to us, so please be patient as we attempt to address them!
- We are asking any client who has any symptoms of illness to please not present to our clinic. There will be no cancellation fees in place for any appointments missed during this time.
- We are continuing to offer veterinary care for required/medical services. We are limiting/discontinuing wellness exams, annual vaccines (except puppies and kittens completing their initial vaccine series and year one vaccines) or other non-urgent veterinary care until further notice. Please contact us if your pet is due for bloodwork or medication refills to discuss.
- Please be on time (but not early) for your veterinary or grooming appointment. This is very important as we are staggering our appointments in order to ensure we can disinfect between each client wherever possible, and to encourage social distancing.
- In some cases your pet may need to be seen regardless of your health and it is very important to us that we help you and your pet. In these cases please communicate your health status by phone/email prior to your appointment and we will work with you to take all necessary steps to decrease the risk of infection to our staff and clients.
- Consent forms will be emailed to you the night prior to your drop off / surgical appointment. Please sign, scan and email back or in cases where this is not possible please bring signed copies in when you drop off your pet.
- Our staff are continuously washing their hands, using hand sanitizer, sanitizing all surfaces in human contact and will take all the necessary steps to keep everyone safe and healthy.
- Our staff members have been advised to adhere to the Government of Canada regulations to self quarantine if they are experiencing any of the above symptoms and this measure will be strictly enforced. Please know our company will fully support and compensate all staff that may need to quarantine themselves.
- You can order your pets foods, supplies, and supplements for delivery to your home using our online ordering system, which we highly recommend if you have any concerns! http://www.myvetstore.ca/pawsveterinaryclinic
Please note at this time there is no evidence that suggest your pets can contract, infect, or spread COVID-19 to humans.
Please visit the Government of Canada website https://www.canada.ca/en/public-health/services/diseases/coronavirus-disease-covid-19.html for current updates on recommendations and regulations
Thank-you for your cooperation during this time and please stay safe. We will continue to provide updates with the status of our clinic as they arise.